Terms and conditions
3 year new vehicle warranty
Suzuki New Zealand Ltd (Suzuki) warrants that if within 36 months or 100,000 km1 of the date of retail sale any part of the vehicle is found to be defective due to faulty Suzuki materials or manufacturing, the defect will be repaired or parts replaced free of charge.
This is providing the vehicle:
- Has been supplied or distributed by Suzuki New Zealand Limited
- Shall only be repaired by an authorised Suzuki repairer
- Has been maintained in accordance with recommended Suzuki maintenance schedules
- Has been operated in accordance with Suzuki recommendations and not subject to misuse or accident
- Has not been modified or altered from the original production configuration
- Has not had the odometer in the vehicle tampered with or disconnected
- Has not been previously deregistered
Normal wear and tear and service adjustments are not part of this warranty.
*Jimny Flatdeck Truck warranty qualifies for 24 months/40,000 km1 only with no extensions applying.
1 Whichever occurs first.
2 year powertrain warranty extension offer
Upon meeting the conditions outlined here and in your warranty and service manual, your new Suzuki vehicle will have the protection of a 2 year powertrain warranty extension. The powertrain warranty extension is limited to a maximum odometer reading of 100,000 km.
Typically, the most expensive components of a vehicle involve the powertrain, so the additional coverage of these components provides peace of mind and can potentially enhance the value of your vehicle if you upgrade within the 5 year period.
This 2 year/maximum 100,000 km1 powertrain warranty extension applies from the completion of your 3 year new vehicle warranty and is available if all the scheduled and required maintenance services have been completed by an authorised Suzuki service centre.
The standard warranty exclusions below also apply to the powertrain warranty extension.
1 Whichever occurs first.
For the purposes of this agreement, the powertrain refers to the internal mechanical items that comprise the engine, transmission, transfer box and differentials. This includes the engine block and its internal components such as crankshaft, pistons, rings, connecting rods, bearings, camshafts, rocker arms, balance shafts and oil pumps, cylinder head, valves and variable valve actuators. For the gearbox/transmission/differential it includes the case, gears/belt, torque converter, bearings, wet clutch packs, viscous control units and integrated electronic control devices.
Your powertrain warranty does not cover:
- Vehicles used for hire or reward
- Vehicles used for motor racing, rallies, speed, or duration testing or any practice thereof
- Any part of the vehicle not classified as powertrain
- All clutch components, driveshaft boots, universal and constant velocity joints
- All water pumps, turbochargers, cambelts, timing chains, steering, suspension, brake components, and scheduled service items
- Normal wear and tear when used in severe conditions
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
Except where the buyer has acquired the goods for the purposes of a ‘business’ as defined in Section 2 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, nothing in the above shall affect or limit the rights of the buyer under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, and this warranty shall in all respects be subject to the provisions of the Act. The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply where the buyer acquires the goods for the purposes of a ‘business’.
While your Suzuki Warranty is very comprehensive, there are exclusions as listed below:
- Wheel balancing and alignment after 1,500 km or one month from registration
- Any repair/adjustment performed by any provider not authorised by Suzuki or damage resulting therefrom
- Normal maintenance services such as engine tune-up, general tightening
- The replacement of consumables, including but not limited to brake linings, tyres, clutch plates, cables, bulbs, window glass, filters, lubricating oil, fluids, spark plugs, fuses, brushes
- Environmental conditions such as stone-chipping, tree sap, salt, hail, storm damage, bird droppings, sand or industrial fall-out
- Accident, theft or fire
- Damage resulting from misuse, negligence, alteration, accident, competition, racing or failure to follow recommended routine maintenance procedures
- Paintwork, brightwork or finishing repairs due to causes beyond the control of Suzuki New Zealand Limited
- The introduction of non-approved modifications, including but not limited to engine modification, software changes, and tyre installation
- Damage caused by operating a vehicle while a fault is known to exist, or use of fuel, lubricants or fluids not recommended by Suzuki
- Accessory items including, but not limited to; radio, tow bar, monsoon shield, etc. Such items are subject to the warranty conditions of the respective manufacturer
- Diminished shock absorber efficiency after 50,000 km
- Minor squeaks and rattles after 20,000 km or 1 year from registration
- Damage caused by the fitting/use of non-genuine parts (e.g. engine oil filter)